The free agent saga surrounding Carlos Correa is finally over.
MLB announced Wednesday that the World Series winner has signed a guaranteed six-year contract to return to the Minnesota Twins.
The deal is reportedly worth $200 million, according to salary-tracking website Spotrac.
Minnesota is the third MLB team this offseason that the 28-year-old has agreed a massive deal with.
“I’m happy to be here in Minnesota, and I’m happy to be a twin,” Correa told reporters Wednesday.
“We started something special last year and there is more work to do. At the end of the day, we want to bring the championship back to this city. That is what we will work for from now on.”
After a lone season in Minnesota, Correa agreed to a 13-year, $350 million contract on December 13 with the San Francisco Giants, according to Spottrack. This deal fell through due to concerns arising about his physicality.
Eight days later, the New York Mets offered Shortstop a 12-year contract, worth $315 million, per Spotrac. But this deal also fell apart due to his physicality.
“We were unable to reach an agreement,” the Mets said in a statement on Wednesday. We wish Carlos all the best.”
Correa signed with the Twins to a three-year deal worth $105.3 million per Spottrack in March. He opted out of his last two years in November.
Santa Isabel of Puerto Rico hit . 291 with 22 home runs and 64 RBI in 136 games last season.
Prior to joining the Twins, she played as a top 2012 draft pick for the Houston Astros with the Astros for seven seasons and was named to two All-Star teams in 2017 and 2021.
Correa was part of Houston’s first team at the World Series in 2017. He won his first Gold Glove, which is awarded to the best defender at each position, in 2021.
The 28-year-old batted . 279 with 155 homers and 553 RBI in eight MLB seasons.