Jeremy Clarkson attempts second public apology for ‘terrible’ Meghan Markle column

Jeremy Clarkson has attempted to make a second public apology for the “terrible” column he wrote about Meghan Markle in The Sun last month.

The “Clarkson Farm” artist said in a new Instagram post on Monday that he emailed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to say he “deeply regrets” the column in which he said he hated the Duchess of Sussex on a cell phone. Level” after the couple’s Netflix documentary series “Harry & Meghan.”

“I am really sorry. All the way from the balls of my feet to the follicles of my head,” the media person said in his message. “This I raise my hand. It is a grave sin with bells.”

The Top Gear presenter’s column in The Sun was condemned as sexist and misogynist for passing like this: “At night, I can’t sleep lying there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day you’ll be forced to parade naked through the streets of Britain while crowds cheer.” Shame!” and throw clumps of poo at her.”

Made no apologies last month.

“Oh dear. I’d rather put my foot in it,” he wrote Twitter at that time. He admitted his clumsy reference to a scene in Game of Thrones “went down badly with a good number of people,” but didn’t specifically apologize.

The effort I made on Monday was an attempt to be more enthusiastic. He explained that no one had read what he had written before sending it out for publication, and then he was horrified.

“I couldn’t believe what I was reading. Did I really say that?” he said. “I knew what had happened right away. I was thinking of a scene in Games Of Thrones, but I forgot to mention this one. So it was as if I was actually calling for a violent rebellion to rain Meghan’s head off.”

“I was freaked out and so was everyone else. My phone went crazy. Close friends were so angry. Even my daughter took to Instagram to denounce me. They were glowing,” said two of her employers – ITV and Amazon Prime Video.

“So I wrote to everyone who worked with me to say how sorry I was, and then on Christmas morning I emailed Harry and Meghan in California to apologize to them too. I said I was baffled by what they were saying on TV but the language I used in my column was Shameful and I deeply regret it.”

The Sun also apologized after the column was published and removed what became the most complainant article in the history of the UK’s Independent Press Standards Organization.

At the time, a representative of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s organization Archewell dismissed the outlet’s apology as “nothing more than a PR stunt”.

“The fact that The Sun has not contacted the Duchess of Sussex to apologize shows their intent,” the spokesperson said in an exclusive statement to HuffPost. “A true apology would be a shift in her coverage and everyone’s moral standards. Unfortunately, we’re not holding our breath.”

A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed to HuffPost on Monday that Clarkson does reach out, but only to Prince Harry.

“While Mr. Clarkson issued a new public apology today, what remains to be addressed is his longstanding pattern of writing articles that propagate hate speech, dangerous conspiracy theories, and misogyny,” the representative said.

They added, “Unless every piece of his other work was written ‘in a hurry’,” he says, “this is clearly not an isolated incident shared in haste, but rather a series of articles shared out of hate.”

Variety reported Monday that Amazon Prime Video has parted ways with Clarkson after years of working together. The company wouldn’t provide more details when HuffPost reached Monday.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *