Report: Prince Charles Charitable Society Received Million Pounds Donation From Bin Laden Family

Britain’s Prince Charles is facing more questions about his charities after a newspaper reported that one of his money accepted a donation of 1 million pounds (1.2 million euros) from relatives of Osama bin Laden.

The The Sunday Times reported that Prince of Wales Charitable Fund He received the money in 2013 from Bakr bin Laden, the head of the large and wealthy Saudi family, and his brother Shafiq. Both are half-brothers of the former al-Qaeda leader, who was killed by US special forces in Pakistan in 2011.

The newspaper said that advisers urged the crown prince not to take the donation.

Charles Clarence House’s office disputed this but confirmed that the donation had been made. She said the decision to accept the money was made by the trustees of the charity, not the prince, and “due care was taken in accepting this donation.”

The fund’s president, Ian Cheshire, also said the donation was “entirely” agreed upon by the five trustees at the time, and “any attempt to suggest otherwise is misleading and inaccurate.”

Established in 1979 to “change lives and build sustainable communities”, The Prince of Wales Charitable Trust provides grants to a variety of projects in Britain and around the world.

Charles, 73, has faced a string of allegations about his charities’ work. The Sunday Times reported last month that he accepted cash bags containing $3 million (3 million euros) from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, the former prime minister of Qatar.

London police are currently investigating separate allegations that people linked to the prince’s other charities, the Prince’s Foundation, offered to help a Saudi billionaire gain honors and citizenship in exchange for donations. Clarence House said Charles was unaware of any such offer.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.