The body of a young Israeli Druze who was kidnapped by Palestinians in Jenin has been returned to his family – the Israeli occupation army


Today, Thursday, the Israeli army announced that the body of the Israeli Druze youth who was kidnapped by Palestinian gunmen in Jenin had been transferred to his family, adding that nothing had been handed over in exchange for that.

An Israeli army spokesman said during a statement: “We did not negotiate in any way with the gunmen who were carrying the body.” We didn’t give anything in return. I think they realized at some point that the consequences of this would have been very difficult for Jenin’s economy.”

Gunmen stormed a hospital in Jenin and seized the body of Tiran Ferro, who was involved in a road accident in the West Bank, according to what the authorities on both sides of the conflict announced on Wednesday. They added that the gunmen are demanding the return of the bodies of the Palestinians killed by the Israeli forces.

Israel closed the roads in and out of Jenin on Wednesday after seizing the body and reopened them on Thursday after it was returned.

Jenin Governor Maj. Gen. Akram Rajoub told CNN that Palestinian Authority security officials led negotiations with the gunmen who seized the body.

Rajoub explained that “the General Intelligence Service in the Palestinian Authority made contact with one of the kidnappers, which facilitated the return of the body to the General Intelligence headquarters in Jenin.”

There is a dispute over whether Ferro was dead or alive when gunmen stormed his hospital room in Jenin and took his body.

Ferro’s father told Israeli media on Wednesday that the young man was still alive and on life support. But Jenin Governor Akram Rajoub told CNN that Ferro died when his body was taken away.

Ferro’s father said, “When we were in the hospital, we were standing in front of the intensive care unit. My son was on a ventilator and was beating. I was with my brother and my son, and suddenly a gang of 20 masked men entered the room, screaming. We just stood by and couldn’t do anything.”

“They kidnapped the body in front of my eyes,” Ferro’s father told reporters on camera.

But Rajoub, the governor of Jenin, told CNN that Ferro died when his body was taken away.

The Jenin Brigade, a Palestinian armed group based in the West Bank refugee camp, said on Wednesday in a statement obtained by CNN that it was holding Ferro’s body and demanded that Israel turn over all the bodies of Palestinians killed by the Israeli army into Israeli possession. The group also said that it had raised the state of alert among its members in anticipation of the Israeli forces storming the Jenin camp.

Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid vowed on Wednesday that “the kidnappers will pay a heavy price” if Tiran Ferro’s body is not returned: “Israel has proven in recent months that there is no place, no terrorist, that it does not know how to get to.”

Lapid said Fero will celebrate his 18th birthday on Thursday. Community leaders told CNN he belonged to the Druze minority.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *