Ultimate Kho Kho garnered 41 million viewers on TV and digital in Season 1: CEO

The inaugural season of Ultimate Kho Kho, an 80:20 joint venture league between an entity owned by Dabur India’s Amit Burman and Kho Kho Federation of India (KKFI), has achieved a cumulative viewership of 41 million on TV and digital in India, the CEO said.

Burman’s Kho Kho Sports League (KKSL) has set aside Rs 200 crore investment for the first five years of the franchise-based league. Besides owning stock in the league, KKFI also receives royalty payments and trade fees from the KKSL.

The tournament was broadcast on Sony Sports Network as well as live on Sony LIV.

On television, the reach was 35 million while the digital reach was 6 million. The video has also garnered 225 million views on social media platforms, Tenzing Niujie told ET.

The inaugural edition was held from August 14 to September 4 last year, with the participation of six teams.

He pointed out that male audiences constituted 59% of the viewers of the tournament, while women constituted the remaining 41%. Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Gujarat were the top five markets in terms of viewership.

“Nearly 70% of viewership for the tournament comes from urban markets and NCCS A and B audiences despite the fact that kho kho is seen as a country sport,” Nyogi said, claiming that 5.4 million viewers watched the final despite it colliding with the Cup match. Asia between India and Pakistan on September 4.

Niyogi informed that due to the busy sports calendar, the league’s second season will be played in either the August-September window or in December. The six franchises in the league are Chennai Quick Guns (KLO Sports), Gujarat Giants (Adani Sportsline), Mumbai Khiladis (Badshahs, Punit Balan and Janhavi Dariwal Balan), Odisha Juggernauts (Odisha Sports Development and Promotion Company), Rajasthan Warriors (Capri) Global ) and Telugu Yoddhas (GMR Sports).

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *